Sunday, January 24, 2010

The garden is cookin' and jumpin'

Wondering what that headline means? Well no talk of soap today because I'm not working, don't feel like it is all. I was up at 8:oo am and washed the floor, yes, on my hands and knees, then you can get in the places mops can't. Yikes!, I'm turning into my mother for cripes sake. On a lighter note I wish you were here, Can you smell that aroma? I am making four cheese bread to go with my veal parmesan for supper tonight. Dinner,supper what is the real diference, hell if I know. Anyway here I sit in my pjs writing down what I'm going to put in this blog and sucking in the calmness of the house. Mike has gone to church, he plays handbells at what the locals call the little white church, really a united methodist church where I taught sunday school for 17 years, most of those years were high school kids I was in my glory. Even though we are pagan now, he still plays bells at 17 years old and enjoys it very much, I still have close friends there who so graciously allow him to play even though we are no longer members. Nick and his buddy had a long night if you know what I mean, and they are still asleep. I bet they have whopper headaches when they get up. ha-ha! As I sit in my little kitchen, I'm enjoying my music, which by the way is not considered my generations. I love Bread (not the kind you eat.),Three dog night, moody blues, along with the Beatles, beach boys, Gene Pitman and the grateful dead, Iron butterfly and Black sabbath (only with ozzy). There's this one ballad that's kinda old by Ray Peterson called "Tell Laura I love her" that makes me cry horribly but I listen to it over and over. Go figure. Listen to it on youtube. See,I told you I was eccentric. I really don't know why I like that kind of music I guess it's because I have fond memories of sitting on my moms basement stairs, listening to my brother and his buddies try to harmonize, hey, ya know they were pretty good! And if by some fluke of nature my brother is reading this, I know you won't speak to me and we have no relationship, but I want you to know your still my big brother and I love you very much. So my friends I feel so happy today that there will be no rant. Just love, peace and rock and roll! As I dance around my kitchen with the smell of fresh bread rising, even got a slow dance from my lovin' honey, Tell me how much better can it get? Enjoy life, embrace today!

No comments:

Post a Comment